Nominated for the Liebster Award!
I’ll admit it. I’m pretty darn excited.
My very own Brilliant Media Marketing blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award!
For a gal who’s award list is limited to participation ribbons, I’m pretty darn excited to be considered for this.
My first step is to write a post stating that I accept, so here goes:
“I officially accept my nomination for the Liebster Award!”
A big thanks goes out to…
Angie Briggs of Feet Do Travel!
As a fellow traveller (or traveler, depending on where you’re from), Angie trots the globe and writes about her travels. She also has built a great community of travellers on Facebook. Thank you Angie for having me be a part of your group, and for recognizing my blog!
(Wanna see my own travel-centric posts? Check ’em out here!)
What is the Liebster Award?
This is presented to bloggers by other bloggers. It’s very cool to be recognized by peers in the blogosphere!
I will post the official rules below. Next, I’ll get started on my challenges…
10 Random Facts About Me
(Seriously, it’s gonna be really random.)
I read. A lot.
Like, multiple books at once. In different formats too – ebooks, audiobooks, and good ol’ paper books. At any given time I’m usually in the middle of 5 books… almost always non-fiction.
I LOOOOVE sourdough bread
I will eat it every day. ERRYDAY. Don’t judge me!
I love giving surprise parties
Even our wedding was a surprise party! Read more about it on Buzzfeed here...
I can’t whistle
I exercise every day
Not for long sessions, but I still get 30 minutes of something in.
I love coffee but…
…it doesn’t seem to love me anymore. I usually just stick to decaf now.
I’m obsessed with HGTV
I don’t watch TV often, but when I do, it’s HGTV. I watch reno shows like people watch sports – giving recommendations from the sidelines, calling foul when they choose something really ugly.
Sweet or savoury?
Almost always savoury! Give me the bread and cheese. Nom nom!
My best Halloween costume as a kid was…
when I went as a unicorn. My mom worked like crazy on that costume. #worthit
The actor most likely to play me in a movie would be:
A favorite blog of mine is…
Denise Duffield-Thomas’ Lucky Bitch blog. She always gives really helpful and actionable tips – while being inspiring and funny! She’s very transparent and open about her business and how she got to where she is. I think her honesty is refreshing and not something you always find – especially in the internet!
I love that Denise is so supportive of women entrepreneurs. She recognizes that having an online business is really helpful for women – it lets them balance having a career while still being present for other aspects of their life (like their partner and family.)
I also think it’s fantastic that she’s trying to normalize money talk. I always find it surprising how many people have odd opinions about it – like money makes you evil, money is bad, etc. In reality, it’s just a tool. It lets you accomplish whatever things you want to (which yes, could be used for bad or good). The truth is that you can likely help more people if you’re earning a decent income – you may provide jobs for others, donate more, even purchase more from businesses you like and respect. I really respect that Denise puts a lot of effort into evolving the money conversation.
Jessica Rodriguez of The Daydream Achiever! Jessica is a success and productivity coach. She’s funny, she tells it like it is, and she also writes a lot about one thing I love most – business!
On her most recent post she touches on something I think doesn’t get talked about enough. She writes about the necessity of having to work on yourself as much as your business. It’s true. You’ve gotta expand your mental boundaries – both in preparing for success and building resilience for those less-than-golden days. Thanks for being such a biz rockstar, Jessica!
Sairah Pettes is just going to make your heart sing! She’s a Body Positive, Intuitive Eating Coach and the founder of TurnuptheLove.ca. She helps women to stop the diet-cycle by teaching them to throw out their scales, and let go of ‘perfectionitis’. After several years of working as a health coach for Canada’s largest weight loss company, she quickly grew tired of following the corporate road map that presented obesity, and low self-esteem as a dollar sign.
Since leaving her 9-5, she has travelled across the eastern coast of Australia, where she learned how to surrender to her body and make peace with food without a rulebook. Through the power of self-acceptance, Sairah now coaches women to eat with intention without obsessive restriction and calorie counting, where they learn to love their bodies from the inside out.
This summer Sairah will be launching her preliminary program: “Reconnect with Food: A Mindful Introduction.” Take advantage of her mindful eating planner HERE, and take the first steps towards food freedom.
Back in 2011 the rules were a simple case of acknowledgement of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now in 2016 it is a little more involved!
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award.
- For the 2016 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Thanks again to Angie for nominating the Brilliant Media Marketing blog!